11 September 2012

September - start a quilt - finish a quilt





I didn't get to complete a UFO for August, as per my new years resolution starting July 2012... but, I did start and finish two quilts in August so I am letting myself off the hook. You can see them on my Finished Quilts page.


FINISH
Now, it's time to make a commitment to a UFO for September. I have chosen to complete the Double Wedding Ring quilt that I started in the mid 80s. (EEEkkk 20 years ago!). It is by machine, using the Mary Ellen Hopkins method, and I started it in a workshop organised by Patchwork Plus (then of Hurstville) and taught by Noreen Dunn (since passed away).

START
I have had a hankering for a Dresden Plate quilt lately. So maybe that will be the new quilt for September. I have a delightful little collection of Liberty Craft Fabrics that are appealing to me.

what are you starting/finishing?
x dls

1 comment:

  1. Andreia Schineanu11 September, 2012

    I am returning and continuing the Joy of Life Quilt by Rosalie Quinlan. I am appliqueing by hand in front of the TV so it is taking a while but considering I started it over 2 years ago, I think that is progress. Kids and work seem to get in the way of my quilting so I am envious that you get to quilt as your work!!

    ReplyDelete