31 May 2013

Beautiful Bali & Batiks

I am currently in Bali researching cultural and textile-related destinations as well as workshops in various batik techniques. I am excited to say I have found  some great workshops, an amazing haby store and bead shop and pinpointed some of the countries most beautiful and enchanting cultural experiences.

All of my discoveries will be woven into a specially constructed itinerary for Bali Textile Lovers in a 7-8 day tour mid 2014.

Tanah Lot Temple
The tour will be booked through World of Quilts Travel and myself and a local English-speaking textile expert will be guiding the tour.

One of the highlights will be witnessing and participating in batik creation, both the traditional method that uses a tool called a chanting to apply wax in fine lines and the more modern method of applying wax by stamping with a wood block.

In my travels I also acquired some batik fabric produced in a local Balinese factory using the stamping method. The fabric is 100% cotton specially produced for use by quilters.

I have 3 metres each of a limited number of fabrics for sale. Each length is $50 (aus), free postage in Aust. Email me if you would like to purchase. Remember, only one 3m length of each is available.
Check out my SHOP page for more Bali Batik fabrics Fat 1/4s and Jelly Rolls

 
Fat 1/4 - $38 aust
free post
going for a swim now...
dls


 

No comments:

Post a Comment