23 November 2011

Then there were three

three cushions, that is.

Here is the up-cycled sweater, three cushions. I had intended to make two rectangular cushions, because I thought that shape would accommodate the best area of the knitted pieces.
Then, because I was on a roll, (or so I thought), I decided to patch together some of the smaller pieces with fabrics. That my friend was where things got a bit tricky. I didn't realise just how accustomed to sewing on stable cotton fabric I had become. Boy oh boy those knits and stretch fabrics were going all over the place.
However, all's well that ends well, and if Jake likes them, that is all ok. I will be giving them to him tonite, so I will soon know.
x dls

No comments:

Post a Comment