04 July 2011

Visiting Gold Coast patchwork shops

When certain things collide other things occur. This week's collision involved ... first week of school holidays in NSW and my brother-in-law and cute nephew flying into Queensland from China for a week. Hubby declared we should pack up the kids into the car and drive to the Gold Coast to see Rob and Taj and visit my mum who lives on GC.

And here we are.

Mum and I decided to have a girly/quilty/fabric day today and luckily the Gold Coast quilters opened their biennial quilt show a few days ago, so off we set. First stop was Lilyana's absolutely delightful shop in Mudgeeraba, Patchwork Dreaming, then down to the Gold Coast Council Chambers to see the quilt show, and finally a trip down the motorway to Fantazia Fabric Land, Tweed Heads, where they sell fabric by the metre at very good prices! Considering I was looking for backings for at least three quilts this was certainly the place for me today!



Now, I have talked to my machine quilter Kim Bradley and arranged for one to be sent to her tomorrow,



What a good, good day!

1 comment:

  1. Can you suggest some patchwork shops to visit in the Gold Coast, hinterland and Brisbane areas? I'm coming over in March from NZ and am keen to check some out but have little idea where they're all hiding?
    Thanks
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete