19 August 2009

Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been?

Ive been to London to visit the Queen...

I love that old poem, and use that particular line alot with my kids. However, it wasn't London per se, it was Windsor (about half hour out of London) and the queen is at Balmoral (so they tell me), but that's too far to go.

Instead of having tea with Lizzy, I marvelled at Queen Mary's doll's house, the Windsor state rooms, and felt a rush of goosebumps as I stood over a large piece of black marble in-bedded in the floor of St George's Chapel, that marked where King Henry VIII and his favourite wife, Jane Seymour's remains are buried.

Then to V&A this afternoon. Much was seen, much to tell, but way too tired to do so... will catch up again soon.
dls

BTW, cant upload photos on public computers.. so cannot share the many, many amazing photos I have taken with you yet

No comments:

Post a Comment