06 June 2009

in anticipation ...

Yesterday we left Sydney around midday to drive to Country Vic - Milawa. Later today I will dropping in to Brown Bros winery, for those that dont know - Mrs Brown - June, is a talented quiltmaker. Hopefully she will be there and I can say hi!

I am here on my brother-in-laws family farm, just about to go to the grove and pick olives. Tomorrow we are celebrating his 40th birthday.

On the way down I started knitting a scarf, with divine yarn - two in fact - knitted together, one silk one cashmere, it's so soft and lovely. I figured it was about time I started it, I purchased the yarn at the Craft & Quilt Fair about six years ago!

Talking of the Craft & Quilt Fair, it's on again NEXT WEEK at Darling harbour. We'll be there for the first time in years (maybe six?)... so stop by and see our gorgeous display and chat to us about quilts! I will be there, working on one of my UFOs, on a FAB Bernina machine. Plus each afternoon we are singing Happy Birthday to Down Under Quilts - it turns 21 this year. Stop by and sing along and grab a sweet little cupcake.

see you all next week, have a great long weekend...
xdls

No comments:

Post a Comment